"Pandangan Dalam Laman Ini Tidak Semestinya Menunjukkan Sikap WebMaster & Lain-Lain Penulis. Dasar Kami : Menyiarkan semua posting para penulis jemputan tanpa sebarang edit dari segi bahasa dan ejaan (Mungkin ada bahan yang tidak begitu menyenangkan). Berfikirlah dalam menerima sebarang maklumat). ©1422 Hakcipta Tak Terpelihara. Anda digalakkan untuk mengambil apa-apa bahan di dalam laman ini untuk tujuan penyebaran, tanpa perlu memberitahu kepada pihak kami. Email: poji2ya@gmail.com

"Mengikut Perjanjian itu, tiap-tiap Negeri akan menerima 5% daripada nilai petroliam yang dijumpai dan diperolehi dalam kawasan perairan atau di luar perairan Negeri tersebut yang dijual oleh PETRONAS atau ejensi-ejensi atau kontrektor-kontrektornya".
- Tun Abdul Razak, Dewan Rakyat (12hb. November, 1975)

Monday, January 26, 2009

Second post-mortem completed

The second post-mortem on the remains of Kugan Ananthan was completed about 9.30pm at the University Malaya Medical Centre (UUMC).

The procedure, which started at about 2.30pm, was carried out by a forensic pathologist identified as Dr Prashant.

s manikavasagam 01When contacted, PKR Kapar MP S Manikavasagam told Malaysiakini that the doctor had briefed the family, their lawyer N Surendran and the parliamentarians present for more than 30 minutes regarding his findings.

However, the official results could not be revealed pending investigations into the matter.

kugan detainee death morgue scene 220109Manikavasagam said besides himself, DAP Puchong MP Gobind Singh Deo and DAP Teluk Intan MP M Manogaran were present at the medical centre.

"All we want is for the policemen involved to be charged for what happened," he said, adding that the pathologist also took several tissue samples from the corpse.

Report Out Next Month

Meanwhile, Surendran also declined to comment when asked if the post-mortem findings supported the family's claim of foul play.

He said a full report on the post-mortem could be completed by early next month.

The remains of the 22-year-old youth, who died in police custody lastTuesday after being detained on Jan 15 in connection with several luxury car theft cases, is expected to be buried on Wednesday.

The family wanted a second post-mortem after being dissatisfied with the first procedure carried out at the Serdang Hospital which concluded that Kugan died of liquid in his lungs.

However, a video of the remains taken at the Serdang Hospital mortuary revealed severe bruises on the body, leading many quarters to accuse the police of foul play.

Following a massive public outcry, Attorney-General Abdul Gani Patail reclassified the case as murder and investigations are underway.

Eleven constables and lance corporals from the Subang Taipan police station, where Kugan had collapsed and died, have since been removed and put on desk duty pending investigations.

Yesterday, DAP chairperson Karpal Singh urged the authorities to charge the doctor who conducted the first post-mortem for issuing a false report.

No comments: